Carin came up with this and it has become a go-to recipe for us. It's super quick-and-easy to make, goes with almost anything (and is great on its own), is nicely filling, and is tasty! The kidney beans are a really nice touch -- they add a little sweet to the dish makes everything come together well.
- olive oil - 1/4 cup
- red wine vinegar - 3 tbs
- salt & pepper -
- kidney beans - 1 can (15.25 oz), drained
- garbanzo beans - 1 can (15.25 oz), drained
- cucumber - 1 medium-sized, chopped
- Italian flat-leaf parsley - 2 tbs, minced
- grape tomatoes - 1 cup, cut in half (or substitute 1 whole tomato, chopped)
Put the olive oil and vinegar in a bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper. Whisk together until well-blended. Add beans, cucumber, parsley, and tomatoes. Toss until well-coated. Serve.
Note: This actually keeps well in the refrigerator and the dressing continues to season the ingredients -- I think it just gets better with age.